Family of Four

Family of Four

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

30 years

I always wonder, will I still be as madly in love 10, 20, 30 years down the road as I was when we were engaged. Will my heart still flutter when he walks through the door. Will I feel giddy all over every time he holds my hand?...Well after 3.5 years I have to say the simple answer is no, but the full answer is that so far, in the 3 and a half years we've had together and after all of the changes we've been through, graduating from college, having a baby, and getting the first big job (to name a few) I haven't ever been more in love than I am now. So no I don't love him the same, I love him more, and its a deeper love. No my heart doesn't flutter every time he comes home but my heart sighs in relief because he's come back to me again, like he does every day and will every day for the rest of our lives. Man it feels good to have a love like that and to know that it doesn't have to feel like new love anymore because the comfort of the old is even better. You've worn into it and it fits just right.
This last weekend David's parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary and came up to Boise to spend it with all of their kids (hence the mushiness thus far). It is just always such a comfort to know that love lasts and as I look at their family, my family, you see a great group of people, none perfect, but all woven together by love- the love that started with just two- two people once giddy in love and now so perfectly comfortable in love. Congratulations to them on what I'm sure was a great 30 years. Not lacking in its difficulties and trials I'm sure, but never lacking in love either. So to Rob and Katie, thank you for your example, and thank you for loving each other and your children enough to allow them to reach adulthood!

Here are a few pictures of the wonderful weekend!
30 Years of Marriage- Congratulations!
The Hegstrom Boys
The Whole crew
Among many of the fun adventures, Ethan got to have his first experience in a pool - I thought he'd love it since he loves the bath, but I'm not sure it was a winner...

please excuse the no makeup look!
So long story short, it was a great weekend, it was so good to see everyone, and from David, Ethan and myself a big thanks, without your love I wouldn't have my love, and my little love! I am eternally grateful!

And now, because I absolutely cannot help myself, here are a few pictures of Ethan!
Right before his first haircut- yes it was WILD and very SCARED hair
I'm cute and I know it
This face means trouble...
Just love his grins when he's crawling toward me!
And there you have it- so now I'll sign off yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment