Family of Four

Family of Four

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

No Moms Allowed Club...and some other stuff

Any other moms out there ever felt like there is some secret conspiracy of sorts going on around you, or that there's a party in your house you weren't ever invited to, or maybe even that everyone else is just having more fun without you...oh yeah I'm there. It seems like any time I leave the boys alone I come back and find things like this...
I mean what are they even looking at
I guess that I'm just a little jealous, because from the second David walks in the door it becomes the story of, well mom you're good for feeding me, changing my diaper, and an occasional biting, but Dad is way more fun for everything else...

Even when he can't have his father he still wants to be as close to him as possible...

And I still love them, even though I can't be a part of the exclusive club - just look how cute they are, my two favorite boys!

On another note we were able to go to the swings since it finally got into the sixties
feeling like a cool little dude
as always can't just enjoy one thing at a time- I mean there are leaves on the ground!

And since I am still a paranoid mother I leave the baby monitor on all night, well the other night we woke up to the sound of someone in our baby's room- completely horrifying for parents, so we both go running into his room to find this...
Thank you for the heart attack son

In his defense, he was tired too, the room was dark, and what else is he supposed to do with a glowing green light?
This boy is just curious, I have no idea how long he was awake before he discovered this was within his reach, but I have moved it since because this happened two nights in a row, aw the joys of parenthood!

He is testing his limits in so many ways, fingers toward the outlets, sucking on electrical cords, waking up every night, spitting his food on my face, and among other things my favorite, biting... I hope that is no sign of things to come in the teen years, I am already aware that I am the mother of 'that' child in nursery, you know the ones that they have to come out and bring your child to you because he's biting the other children, I'm already prepared for that. But even after all these things I can never be upset for long because of his face...that face that absolutely melts my heart...
So go ahead you little puppy, chew your books up...


And your mothers new ottoman...

Just remember, that I will have the last laugh...I am Mom, hear me roar- (ok and somehow it is still just irresistibly cute to catch your son with a guilty look on his face and a mouth and faceful of black leather chunks)...truly never a dull moment

And the last item for this extremely long blog- happy 26th birthday to my one true love! I love you more than is possible to express... Sadly it took me two days to find the time to get his cake made...but here it is in all it's glory, the Bronty cake

(He had a toy brontosaurus as a child)
Not too bad for a non-artist like myself right?
For his birthday we were able to enjoy a night out at the movies thanks to my almost sister-in-law Elise- you are amazing! We had a great time and got to come home to a happy baby, what more can you ask for!?

1 comment:

  1. Man! Ethan is so cute! I love it! Is he crawling? I totally know the feeling- Aiden does everything in his power to get to Tyson as soon as he walks in. haha It's cute tho. Love the cake- That is pretty impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete