Family of Four

Family of Four

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The ants go marching...

Well spring is in the air, a song is in my heart, a fever in my son, and a whole army of ants in my shower! What more could I ask for?! Oh wait, did I forget to mention that DAVID JUST GOT HIS FIRST 'REAL' JOB WITH HIS DEGREE!!!! Oh yeah we are feeling pretty blessed! Not sure where we're moving yet, but we know that we aren't going to starve and that's good! I'm just so proud of him because he has worked so hard this last little while- so come end of the summer he'll have his Masters Degree and a JOB! I just thought I would interject that little note before I whined about my ant infestation and Ethan running a fever the whole time the weather has finally decided to be beautiful!
So now on to the ants- these aren't your typical 'I want your food' ants, you know the kind that invade your kitchen and garbage cans scrounging around for dropped, leftover, tablescrap food, - I mean they'd find plety of that around with my now crawling baby. no no these are a whole new kind of heebie jeebie- these are creepy peeper ants- yeah- you heard right- they are only in my shower! What kind of ant likes to hang out in a shower- well apparently this whole hill has decided to try something new, and guess what I DON'T LIKE IT. We have tried caulking every part of the shower we can think of- and somehow they still keep coming. Well I guess it's their loss, I mean if they would like to join two very out of shape mid 20-year-olds in the shower- FINE- but don't expect that there won't be a mass ant genocide when I come in!
Now about the fever- who knows why- maybe he just likes to be cranky and hot- but Easter day and ever since he has been toasty! Fever+crankiness=extreme clinginess=exhausted mama! But you do a lot for love! I still can't help snapping pictures and obsessing over my roly poly little chunk. Which by the way is slowly tapering off in the growth charts- just had him weighed and he is now just shy of the 50th percentile. That's just crazy to me since he stayed in the 70th pretty much since he was born! Anyway enough jibber jabber from me, here's what we've been up to the last week...

Big boy carseat- so far a big hit!

A walk in the park

Give me the goose!
Yes we just downsized to a little umbrella stroller- ah the joy of hauling 3.5 pounds of stroller instead of like 15!

Also found this at the park- look closely...
                                                  
Visited the cousins on Easter sunday

And now- my biggest laughs over the last week, I was starting to think Ethan wouldn't figure out how to crawl forward because all week he was crawling backward! This is what happens when you can only crawl backward...


                                            

Wait can we see that again... ok here you go


Ah the joys of being a baby- I hope it isn't cruel to laugh at him when this happens! It's just that it's funny to see him get backed up to a corner!

And finally, Ethan finally decided that grass is maybe ok...
Yes indeed spring IS in the air and we are excited to get out into it- we're thinking the zoo is next on the list...

3 comments:

  1. already in a big carseat..thata boy! congrats dav-o on the job...where? LA? ha that would be amazing! love how he crawls backwards...already preparing for when he does something wrong haha miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious he only only crawls backwards. Hannah never learned that one. I would always laugh when Hannah got in a tight spot and wouldn't back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute your little boy is!!!! Oh my gosh congrats to David! What an accomplishment that is getting his Masters. Exciting for you guys I bet. We are In Blackfoot Id right now Brady is going to ISU but we may be moving in June to Washington because Brady got a job offer we probably can't pass up, we'll know more this week! Where are you guys?? So good to hear from you guys and see your blog! Im glad cause now we'll be updated!!!!

    ReplyDelete