Family of Four

Family of Four

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Children are Nestled all Snug in Their Beds

Unfortunately they are probably not having visions of sugarplums and puppies licking their toes...they are probably just trying to not think about how cranky we all have been today! Ben is teething (where has my angel baby gone) Ethan is 2 (need I say more) and I have a cold sore! All in all it adds up to disaster and  not one of us has handled things well today. Ben woke up and wanted to nurse...unfortunately for him he was such a horrible biter for the last couple of months that I couldn't nurse him regularly...I HAD to start giving him bottles because I was getting torn apart...SCABS I tell you- it was ridiculous, so my milk dwindled back to nothing despite my best efforts, and now he has decided he wants to snuggle up and nurse again- little stink- I am having unnecessary guilt over it.
Ethan was helping with laundry and saw his favorite shirt in there- naturally a sweatsuit shirt, and he wanted to wear it. So I tried to help him, but then he wanted to keep his jammy shirt on so I said fine and set the sweatshirt down, then he wanted the sweatshirt, so I tried to put it on, (do you see where this is going) I finally got the jammy shirt off and started putting the sweatshirt on and then he panicked yet again and wanted the jammy shirt back on...after a few minutes of this nonsense I was done and I left him in his room kicking and screaming, with NO shirt ! Ha toddler- I showed you- then I caught my own look in the mirror with the glint of evil delight in my eye that I had just shown up my 2 year old and started to bring myself back to the adult world until I did a double take, saw the GINORMOUS sore on my lip, and reverted back to teenage whiney girl who is devastated about the stupid red thing on her lip...for some reason I still get mopey, cranky, and feel like it is a punishment...so silly, but there you go...long story short I needed to do something to bring a smile to my lopsided lips, so here it is, I started looking at pictures of my boys. Now you may wonder why I don't just go peek at them while they sleep.
1. Don't want to ruin a good thing, what if I wake them
2. When I am cranky with them it is NOT beneficial to look at them in the PRESENT hoping to get feelings of immense longing for snuggles because in the present they are little monstrous creatures lol therefore...I must find a moment in time from the past and reminisce and look at their documented wrinkles and dimples and see myself snuggling and reading books etc. etc....it works every time I'm telling you.
 So that brings me to the next part...these are the pictures that are saving my children's lives today, and saving my sanity for the future...thank goodness for the sweet moments that erase the rough ones!
first ice cream cone! 
He LOVED it! Can you tell?

my smiley chunky little man cub


so typical of their personalities...ben with a big old smile and Ethan making a crazy face
They play so well together...when Ethan doesn't think he's a toy rather than a playmate!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, the t-shirt story sounds SO familiar. Carter did almost the exact same thing this week. Taylor is also teething. Wish you lived closer.

    ReplyDelete