Family of Four

Family of Four

Friday, November 16, 2012

Just for the Record...

It's funny, but when Ethan was newborn I remember that after every appointment I was so concerned about what percentile he was in, because I was sure that would tell how well I was doing as a mom. Am I feeding him enough, too much, is my milk pure fat, do I make skim? All of these things weighed heavily on my first-time-mother mind. Now every time we go I am always just anxious to see my boy grow and know that every child is different and they kind of do their own thing. I can always tell by the sparkle in his mischievous little eyes, that he is happy and healthy- so just for the records and future memories...here are the latest stats...and these are just downright funny. Just so you know, we are pretty limited in our medical care up here and in the nurse's defense, he WAS very wiggly and they didn't have his previous stats. to compare to so...

Weight- 25 lb.  70 something percentile...I was never told for sure
Height - 7' 4"....now that was originally an error in mental conversions from inches to meters, or something...needless to say when they plugged that number in Ethan became an instant child prodigy
Height round 2 - 30 in. - 15th percentile (the unfortunate thing about this measurement is that it is a quarter inch shorter than his one year measurement...so he SHRANK?)

Well I guess according to the records we either have an EXTREMELY tall and lanky oddity, or a VERY short, squat little ball of meat! Yes I found this whole thing very funny, so we attempted to measure him ourselves at home and figure he is somewhere around 31.5 inches...which puts him all around back in the big leagues again! Oh the joys! I love this little/big guy! So let me put up some pics...just for the record

We finally got enough snow to go out and play a little! 

"Ethan, Where's your head?"
Naturally Ethan wanted to touch the snow, but without his gloves...I told him it was a bad idea, but really since when does a one-year-old listen to reason...


So he used to be impossible to get pictures of, and now when I tell him to smile, this is what I get...so much like his father...yes it's cute, but way overboard! At least he hasn't figured out the retarded face yet that his father perfected and is so wonderfully documented in many of David's family snapshots!

"Smile Ethan"
He really is a very happy boy, you know minus the typical setbacks like teething, and tiredness, but his absolute favorite thing I am sure...besides wrestling with his Daddy, is being in the shower all by his big boy self!



Truly there is never a dull moment, and he keeps me on my toes. He is finally mimicking some words such as cheese and shoes...and he says the word train on his own whenever the trains go by, which is about every 30 minutes, then he runs to the window to watch...and he is so proud of his one word "train" that he is starting to say it more and more...it is the first thing he says when he wakes up, he says it when Dad comes in the door, apparently he really really likes the trains...well that makes one of us...yes only one...if I haven't mentioned it before, I HATE trains!

I can't believe this little guy will be a big brother before too long, it absolutely blows my mind, but I am grateful to be his Momma and look forward to his future developments. Every day is an adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment