Family of Four

Family of Four

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Still alive and still breathing (well most of the time)


There is a light at the end of the tunnel- or a baby at the end of pregnancy- I mean, statistics show that's what happens in most cases, but for me right now it seems like when the pregnancy is over- it'll just be over and we'll go back to being normal David and Daisy- it seems a little unreal to me that I will have a real, live human child!!!! A half of me and Dave-I feel right now like this little boy is only some being that lives inside me- I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else, but it still seems so surreal that David and I will be parents! Who would've thought that we'd be trusted with a sweet little innocent child!? OK I hope a few of you could have at least let that thought cross your mind, although I understand that it could be fairly questionable ;) So here I am beginning to explode at 8 months along! Yeah I feel huge, hot & sweaty all the time- and a little like my lungs are deflating- maybe a little like a beached whale- so I hope that this little guy isn't getting too comfortable inside there and will come on time!

I'm HUGE!!!! 8 months along now! So much belly weight I can't hardly stand straight can you tell?!


So I have also been working on a few projects...mostly for the baby's room...I didn't want to get everything for the room that matched my crib set- but I did want a few more coordinating colors- so I made covers for my blue and white rocking chair and made two throw pillows as well. They come close to matching- I'm sure no one is looking too excruciatingly close! We are also currently sanding down our dresser/changing table so that we can re-stain it to be a similar color to the crib- I doubt that we'll get a 100 percent perfect match, but I think we can come decently close! I'll post picts once we complete it- hopefully by this weekend!

My rocker- I made the slipcovers and pillow to coordinate with my bedding

My crib (my son's crib) the quilt is being washed currently! And my mobile has no hook yet to put on the crib!

I sometimes think that David feels as though the whole baby thing is only for me and the baby...so this is what happens when he feels as though something should be his...

He just couldn't help himself- I guess he deserves to open a baby gift too- the child is half his!!! :)

Needless to say, everything is gearing up in ready mode for this baby- I am not getting my hopes up to go at 38 weeks or anything like that- I mean it would be nice, but we are in the process of getting our go-bag ready and having all the basic necessities just in case. I have a terrible fear that if we didn't have everything ready and David winds up having to make a trip to the store (while I'm in the hospital) he'll do a little bit of what we call "freaking" and either buy absolutely nothing useful, or he'll buy one of everything- then he'll proceed to get upset with the cashier if he/she takes too long which will lead to him being overcharged, which will then lead to another disaster... well you all know how it goes- one bad thing leads to another- so the moral of the story is ..."If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear!!!" (Or at least not tremble in fear right, I think it's ok to still be nervous!!)

As for our plans- well we will be here in Twin Falls until about mid-August (another reason the little guy needs to arrive in a timely manner) and then we will be off to school- most likely in Boise. Wish us luck cuz we're gonna need it! And if anyone has any heads-up on good, cheap places to live in Boise, let us know- we're on the hunt for housing yet again! It'll be apartment #6 in less than 3 years So I know consider myself a professional in the art of moving!!!! BRING IT ON!!!

6 comments:

  1. You're so little!!! I'm only 7 months and I'm definitely bigger. Best of luck in your last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable I feel that big and I'm only 4 months. =) Good luck on the house hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy you guys crack me up! You look amazing and I am so excited for you and david and that handsome little boy still swimming and growing inside of you. Yah for the hegstroms. I miss you and I can't wait to see you and that little guy when he is born. Hang in there and keep your positive attitude. Your a great example! Love ya dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh time is flying by! Really, I wouldn't be too concerned about the hospital to go bag. And it's nice that you're in town so if you forgot anything like you said, Dave could go and get it. I'm super excited for you! It seems like I'm going through this with you because I was in your position not too long ago! Let me know if you need anything or want advice or whatever, things to expect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't believe you are 8 months!! wow time is flying. i wish david would just go to school in cal so we could see this little guy! i remember feelingg so weird like i didnt think the baby would ever come out and you really do feel like it will just be you two but nope a baby will be right there with ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can never prepare enough for this surreal experience! BUT IT IS INCREDIBLE! I'm soooo excited for yoU! P.s. David is going to school??? WHere is he going... wait Boise... what is he doing??? I can ask my friend CHandra ( from Boise) where a good place to live is. Love yoU!!! Can't wait to see this sweet little baby face!

    p.s.s. Just got your invite in the mail. LOVE OYU!

    ReplyDelete